Don't forsake training just because you're traveling. There's lots you can do in short bursts of time without equipment:
- Get your dynamic stretching in.
- Do pistol and one handed pushup ladders - do 1 for each arm or leg, then 1 for the other, then 2 for each limb, then 3, then 4... until you can't do anymore. Then start again with 1. Do 3 or 4 rounds of the whole thing.
- Shadowbox for 20 second rounds.
- Get into as wide a horse stance as you can and isometrically tense your adductor muscles (squeeze the ground between your feet). Relax and sink into a deeper stretch, then repeat.
- Jump as high as you can. Land (important!). Repeat.
- Practice spinning kicks until you fall over.
- Do 10 burpees.
- Try clapping push-ups.
Don't even try to get in 20 or 30 minute workouts - try to get 1-2 minutes total, but do it as often as you can. Every time you go to the bathroom knock out a few pistols. Now if you can get to an open space, a gym, and have some real time, by all means do a full workout, but if you're with friends and/or family and it's not going to happen do something. You may not improve your strength or conditioning, but you'll prevent yourself from losing ground, and you'll help shift any excess calories you're taking in from fat into muscle. A total of 20 minutes of work spread over a week can actually make a big difference in how much you lose over your vacation.
Above all, enjoy! Having a social life is one of those markers that correlates really well with longevity and health. Hanging out with people you care about is probably more important for your well being than any workout you could do.
Just don't let them con you into eating gluten! You can hang out with your friends without eating like them. Drink more tequila instead.
In case I don't post anything in the next week, Happy New Year!